Pages

Thursday 2 January 2014

New Year's Resolutions


Ah the start of a new year, nothing that fills a person with more promise than a fresh start where they want to aim to better themselves for the greater good. I have been rather good for 2013 by sticking to my new year's resolutions. I have managed to get myself onto a marketing course, get two charity runs in and have altogether been trying to eat healthily too. New Year's resolutions are fickle beings and i think last year was the first time i actually managed to keep any.

So on to 2014, this will be my year for the most self improvement. I want to get better at being content, with myself and with the environment around me. It is weird but we get so wound up with our daily lives and always wanting to move on to the next thing, we don't appreciate life's simple pleasures. 2013 flew by in a flash for me and it is almost like i felt as though i was running out of time. This year, i want to take it slow and just enjoy the moments that life gives me and move forward as a better person.

Wow, i got sappy there! so new year's resolutions, here i go:

Get healthy 
Due to me breaking my foot at the end of this year, my fitness regime has come to a halt as i heal. Once i get better, i want to start taking my cardio more seriously and become better at eating properly and exercising more often too.

Buy less, appreciate more
I am one of those people who does have a condition that involves me shopping for everything with complete glee. I want to save more this year and use up the beauty products/ fashion items i already have, rather than venturing out for more.

Read more
I was a complete bookworm throughout my school years and then life intervened and took it all away from me. I want to read more and understand more about life and the way it is.

Live for the moment
Though this sounds very broad in terms of a resolution, i just want to appreciate moments a lot more and take my time in whatever i am doing. I have done way too much running around last year. I want to spend more time with my loved ones, friends or family and just enjoy their company. Last year taught me a lot about the people who are there for me in my time of need and i want them to be around me exuding a positive influence.

Blog more
Last but not least, i have found that my blog suffers when i am busy and that is no excuse. I want to become more serious about blogging and be able to post more regularly!

Let me know what your new year's resolutions are in the comment box below.
Sanoobar


No comments:

Post a Comment