Pages

Friday 3 January 2014

Beauty Favourites: Nars Cosmetics

From left to right: Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in Shade Syracruse (Available here
Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Shade Caramel (Available here
Nars At First Sight Cheek and Eyes Palette (Available here)

I am all about bargain drug store products when it comes to make up products but when it comes to skin care i have to go high end. I have bad skin which is oily and acne prone so i have to go to the counters and be tested with products to see which will make me break out and which won't. 

Foundation, i have to be even more fussy with as my oily skin often reacts to it, rejecting it completely and melting it off even before the morning is out. After seeing YouTuber Tanya Burr rave about the Nars Sheer Glow Foundation, i decided to get that tested out at the Nars counter in Selfridges. What was really lovely was that the lady at the counter gave me a pot full to take home and trial out at my own pace. I just love the way this sinks into my skin without washing me out or feeling too heavy. It has a dewy finish but in a matte way so that i am not shining like the moon by the end of the day. What is goes perfectly with is the Radiant Creamy Concealer, another product that it partners perfectly with. It covers up my blemishes and often i can wear this alone with some powder on my lazy days.

What is really good about these products is that i don't need to wear a primer with them. I know that this is often recommended to ensure the longevity of the products but i just don't need it with the Nars products. My foundation and concealer stay on all day and without the crazy amounts of oil that my skin often generates with other products.

Nars At First Sight Cheek and Eyes Palette (Deep Throat Blush, Eyeshadow top row: All About Eve and Nouveau Monde, Eyeshadow bottom row: Bellisma, Cordura, Laguna Bronzer)

I had never owned any Nars blushes before this and frankly, i just think individually they are ludicrously expensive. I saw this pallette and thought this was a perfect alternative. Still on the pricey side but much cheaper than buying them all individually. The pigmentation on these is lovely and they do go on without needing a lot on the brushes. They are versatile shades and i can definitely see what the fuss is about with the blush and bronzer. They give a nice glow to your skin without making it look like you are wearing them in the first place.

Nars are expensive products but they are worth every penny. They are so well made and compliment my crazy skin type so well, i will definitely be buying more in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment