Pages

Friday 26 April 2013

Beauty Review: Liz Earle beauty routine

 
Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish 100ml (£13.25), Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic 200ml (£13.25)
 Liz Earle Skin Repair Light 50ml £19.25
 
 
It has been a long while since i have done a beauty review, partly because my beauty routine does not change much. I have very fickle skin, oily and prone to acne, which means that i have to be very careful that whatever i introduce to my skin does not make it worse or create more breakouts. I know that the market is very well catered for skin like mine but i have literally tried everything including medication and have come to the resolution that i just need to control it rather than cure it.
 
So after that long winded explanation, why did i choose Liz Earle? I think Liz Earle's cosmetics have earnt themselves a cult reputation among the blogger world and every beauty writer worth her salt, has tried out these products so i was late on this bandwagon. I was originally only going to buy the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish but then ended up buying the whole routine. I wanted to see how the routine would work all together on my skin.
 
The Cleanse and Polish really does smell amazing and i ended up using it in my own way. The lotion comes with its own linen cloth which is used to exfoliate the product on your skin. So first you apply the lotion in a thick layer, leave on for 5 mins and then use the cloth to gently remove make up/grease off your skin. I stopped using the product like this because it aggravated my skin and made it too dry in some areas. Instead, i just rinsed off with lukewarm water. After drying, you are meant to apply the Instant Boost Tonic with a cotton wool to rehydrate the skin and then put on Skin Repair Light to moisturise.
 
I have to say that despite the hype these products has recieved, they did not work too well for skin. My breakouts increased as a result and the moisturiser seemed to create too much oil on my face. I can imagine these products working better for people with sensitive or normal skin though as the products have the right consistency for those skin types. The Instant Tonic Boost was my favourite because it was hydrating and relaxing but i did have to substitute my own products for the cleanser and the moisturiser. These products were just too heavy on my skin and made my skin oiler and created more breakouts.
 
For more info on these products see http://uk.lizearle.com/cleanse-tone-moisturise
 

No comments:

Post a Comment