Pages

Sunday 21 October 2012

Bollywood Legend Yash Chopra passes away at the age of 80


I can't express how upset i am that legendary Bollywood film maker Yash Chopra has passed away today after fighting Dengue at Lilavati Hospital in India. The 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' (2012) director turned 80 this year and in an interview with Shah Rukh Khan, he insisted that 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' would be his last release. Mr Chopra said: "I think I've had enough, Shah Rukh. I have always lived according to what my heart tells me," he said. "I won't make any film after Jab Tak Hai Jaan."

Just weeks before the film was to release, Mr Chopra passed away leaving a huge hole in the Bollywood industry. My personal experience with Mr Chopra's film 'Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge', a real classic which sucked me into the Bollywood film industry. Since then Mr Chopra invited the audience to come fall in love and i did in every single film made by him. Bollywood has lost a true legend and no one will ever replace him. Rest in peace Yash uncle, you gave this girl at a very young age, belief in love when it never existed in her life.

Twitter has been flooded with tweets from fans and colleagues, here are just a few below:





No comments:

Post a Comment