Pages

Sunday 8 July 2012

Kazan Restaurant, Victoria

Interior of the restaurant

Star rating: ****
93-94 Wilton Road, London SW1V 1DW

I am not a big foodie, hence why you don't see me blogging about many restaurants. In fact, there are not many that impress me and i do find it hard to find tasty vegetarian food at restaurants. A lot of the time, it is a neglected part of the menu, along with the side orders and to be frank, salads or fries are pretty much my option every time. As part of a birthday surprise, i was treated to Turkish cuisine at Kazan Restaurant in Victoria.

Hellimi cheese with roasted vegetables

I was pleased to find that the food was tasty and the setting was so lovely, that i was inclined to relax and chat away whilst enjoying some lovely food. As starters, we had hot meze which was some spinach and feta cheese samosa shaped parcels with some falafels dipped in yoghurt sauce. Both were hugely delicious and were a great light starter to the main course. As a main, i had the Hellimi cheese with roasted vegetables and bulgar. It was the perfect main for people like me who appreciate light lunches, with crispy salad complimenting it. My friend had the grilled chicken with rice which she enjoyed. 
Grilled Chicken with Chickpeas and rice

Customer Service was pleasant and non-intrusive which was perfect for two girls who were desperate to catch up. In fact, the waiter coerced me to finish my food which i was initially taken aback by, but wasn't offended by it either. Price-wise, it is expensive and great for special occasions. Please do take a visit if you are treating someone as it is perfect for a lovely meal out in the evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment